Keypunch is a lively, active, practical team task, which can be used outdoors or in a large indoor space. It requires a team to set up and refine a task process, in order to be able to deliver excellent team performance under time pressure. There is a physical element to the task but this can be minimized by ‘working smart’ rather than ‘working hard’.
It is a suitable exercise for early team building, as it requires involvement from all team members.
• To set up, plan and refine an operational process that will achieve a task to quality standards and within tight time constraints
• To identify how to use team resources effectively to solve a problem
• To understand the need to delegate individual responsibility according to capability
• To implement a process improvement system, based upon learning from experience
30x Rubber numbered disks, 30m Boundary rope, Facilitation notes & questions
Keypunch is an activity in which 30 randomly placed numbered markers must be touched in order by participants in a marked out working area of approximately 7m x 7m (23ft x 23ft). What sounds like a moderately physical challenge increasingly becomes clear to be more about understanding how to use the abilities and resources within the full team to meet challenging targets and objectives.
- Worked perfectlyReview by Rod
Quality of Learning Design Value for Money
Rod Doyle, The TESS Group (Posted on 19/08/2016)